Cycleout takes your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information in connection with your club membership.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our members and this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
Collection of personal data
Cycleout may collect and/or create or otherwise obtain and process the following data about you:
- Information about you that you provide by completing a membership application form, whether a paper form or online via the Cycleout website.
- Information you provide when renewing your membership (by paper form or online)
- Information that you provide if you update your personal details on the Cycleout website or by post.
- Information about you (primarily contact and insurance details) that you provide to the Cycleout if you register for an event or holiday.
- Information you provide if you report a problem or make a complaint and, if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information about emails and other communications we send you and your interaction with them.
- We may use a photograph of you taken at a Cycleout event to promote the activities of Cycleout (e.g. in the Newsletter, Cycleout website, Cycleout closed Facebook page, etc.).
Uses made of your information
Cycleout will use your personal information to:
- Carry out our obligations arising from your membership with the Cycleout and for the purpose of our legitimate interests in operating Cycleout including contacting you by email, phone or post regarding your membership and renewal of membership;
- Authenticate you when you register on our website and to present you with secure access to your membership information;
- Send you by email our Newsletter which is part of your subscription;
- To gather results and statistics about your participation in Cycleout events and holidays.
When participating in an event your contact details and other relevant information (insurance, etc.) may be published to the Cycleout Event Organiser for emergency purposes.
Lawful Basis for Processing
We will only use your personal information where we:
- Need the personal data to perform our membership ‘contract’ with you
- Have your consent to do so, in particular we will ask for your consent on your membership application/renewal to use your email address for correspondence.
- Need to process your personal information (primarily contact details) in your capacity as an event participant.
- Otherwise need to process your personal information for our legitimate interests and only where our legitimate interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
Control of your personal information
Your personal information is shared with the committee members of Cycleout. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Retention of your personal information
We normally keep your membership information for a year after you have ceased to be a member of Cycleout. If, on leaving Cycleout, you wish to have your personal data deleted sooner than this, please contact us. A record of your involvement in Cycleout activities (Events, Holidays, etc.) may be held indefinitely as part of our history and archives.
Security of your personal information
Cycleout will take all steps reasonably necessary including policies, procedures and security features to ensure that your data is treated securely and protected from unauthorised and unlawful access and/or use, and in accordance with this notice. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have in place generally accepted standards of technology and operational security to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access your personal details on the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share such a password with anyone.
Where any payments are being collected on our behalf, we require our payment providers (currently PayPal) to be compliant with the Payment Card Industry’s Data Security standards (PCI-DSS).
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your personal information, please contact us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.